Festive plants, food, and entertainment
RHS London Christmas Show, December 16, 6-9pm; December 17-18, 10am-5pm, RHS Lawrence Hall, Royal Horticultural Halls, Elverton Street, London SW1P 2QD (St James’s Park underground station or Victoria train station are within easy reach).
Celebrate the festive season with a mixture of plants, food, and entertainment at the new RHS London Christmas Show. Taking part will be independent food producers, artisan craftsmen and specialist nurseries.
The Evening Shopping Event will be held on December 16, with mulled wine, mince pies and music.
A family of reindeer will be there on December 17 and 18, noon-4pm.
The show will also feature:
- Free kids Christmas decoration workshops with the Secret Adventurers’ Club
- Face painting from Squiggles & Wiggles
- Christmas wreath workshop (£15 – buy when ordering tickets) with RHS London In-House Florist 2016 Helen Cranmer
- Live music by Santa Brass Quartet (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday, noon–3pm) and DULOG Alumni Choral Society (Sunday, 12–4pm)
- Winter-themed stilt walkers
Companies taking part are:
- PLANTS FOR GIFTS: Bosske, Tanti, Ro Co, Small World Project, Angelica’s Herbs,Chantelle Orchids, HW Hyde & Son, Hoyland Plant Centre, Jacques Amand International, John Cullen Gardens, Pennard Plants, Plants4Presents, Sea Spring Seeds and W & S Lockyer.
- GARDENING GIFTS: Backdoor Shoes, Darlac, Green Sense, Label N Things, Potting Up, RHS Membership, True Fair Trading, Wells & Winter, RHS Shop.
- HANDMADE GIFTS: Claire Powell Pottery, Eco-Antique Teacup Candles, English Rose Cosmetics, The Hut Group, Me Encanta, Rebecca Howard Illustration, Rosemary Moore, Sarah Design, Save Me I’m Wild, Second Nature Soaps, Smith & Strand, Sparrows Green Studio, Ticia Leaver, Woodland Bowls.
- FOOD AND DRINK: Benugo, Seedlip, Brett & Bailey, Duchess of Macaron, The Garlic Farm, The Great British Food Company, High Spirit Therapies, Jimmy Ginger’s Fine Chilli Products, Kentish Tipple, Priestlands Birch & Elder Farm, Stratta.
Tickets are available from rhs.org.uk/londonshows.