Lubera’s exclusive tea plant Fresh-T
Imagine growing your own tea to sit back and relax with after all your hard work in the garden.
Thanks to Lubera’s trials, its new tea plant Camellia sinesis Fresh-T is perfect for growing your own cuppa in the UK.
Fresh-T has lovely blooms which have the added bonus of producing a delicious, fine-scented tea.
It’s hardy, making it perfect for northern gardens, down to -15°C when the roots are protected with insulating material.
Fresh-T is suitable for aromatic green teas and fresh tea infusions.
- Pick a few leaves (3-4 shoot tips) and rub them between the palms of your hands so that the flavours are released.
- Place the leaves in a cup and pour hot water over them; after a few minutes enjoy a tea with a gentle, fruity flavour and a sourness that is reminiscent of rhubarb or sorrel and has a fine, black tea finish.
- Let freshly picked shoot tips wither for 12 hours in a shady place.
- Heat the leaves in a frying pan without fat so that the oxidation, the fermentation, will stop. Note: do not roast, otherwise the roasting aromas will get out of hand.
- Roll leaf pieces between your hands in order to break up the cells.
- Carefully dry in a dehydrator.
- Brew to get a cup of green tea.
Each plant costs £14.90, for more information visit www.lubera.co.uk.