Mr Fothergill’s prizes and you can help Children In Need
This is a great challenge for friends or even your child’s class – who can grow the biggest sunflower head?
Run by seed company Mr Fothergill’s, the competition is open to anyone and any type of sunflower can be grown.
You have until September 30 to grow and measure your sunflower.
Mr Fothergill’s suggests Sunflower Pudsey – for each packet sold, 30p is donated to BBC Children in Need. You could also turn the challenge into a fundraising event for Children in Need, visit bbc.co.uk/pudsey for great ways of doing this.
Proof of flower’s size
Use a tape measure to show the width of the flower head, NOT including the petals.
There will be prizes of Mr Fothergill’s seeds for the top three entries – £50 worth for the winner, £30 for second and £20 for third place.
For larger heads, try applying a feed and water well only once the flower head starts to appear. Share your tips on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #SunflowerTips.
- Winners will be chosen after the competition closes at midnight on 30 September 2019.
- There are three prizes with the three largest sunflower heads chosen based on the photos submitted proving their size.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative, the prize is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner.
- If you are not the sunflower grower and the photo you submit is not yours, Mr Fothergill’s reserves the right to disqualify you.
Mr Fothergill’s Sunflower Pudsey (RRP £1.99) is available from garden retailers, Homebase and online at www.mr-fothergills.co.uk.