Carol Klein gets Lifetime Achievement Award
This year’s horticultural ‘Oscars’, the Garden Media Guild Awards, were held on Thursday, November 21 and that national treasure Carol Klein was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
This year’s award winners included Sally Chandler who won Social Media Influencer of the Year for Beth Chatto’s Plants & Gardens website.
Beth Chatto Environmental Award
The inaugural Beth Chatto Environmental Award was won by Sally Nex for her writing on plastic-free gardening in The Garden magazine.
Co-chair of the Garden Media Guild Award Constance Craig Smith said: “It’s fantastic that so many of this year’s winning entries highlight the force for good that gardening can bring and across such a diverse range of platforms, from social media, vlogs and blogs to TV programmes and long-standing print magazines.
“The entire world of gardening media is in a wonderful position to highlight the increasing social, environmental and health benefits gardening, plants and being engaged with nature, can offer to everyone whatever their age.”
- Blog or Vlog of the Year: Sponsored by Mr Fothergill’s – Alison Levey, Blackberry Garden.
- Website of the Year: Sponsored by Honda – National Garden Scheme.
- Social Media Influencer of the Year: Sponsored by Stihl – Sally Chandler, Beth Chatto’s Plants and Gardens website.
- Alan Titchmarsh New Talent Award: Sponsored by Hayloft Plants – Tom Brown for writing and broadcasting (head gardener at West Dean, formerly at Parham).
- Radio Broadcast/Podcast of the Year: Sponsored by Evergreen – Sarah Wilson, Roots and All podcast.
- Roy Lancaster TV Broadcast of the Year. Sponsored by the Horticultural Trades Association – Great British Gardens, Channel 5.
- Peter Seabrook Practical Book of the Year: Sponsored by the Garden Press Event – New Vegetable Garden Techniques, Joyce Russell.
- Garden Book of the Year: Kiftsgate Court Gardens, Vanessa Berridge.
- Features Photographer of the Year: Jason Ingram.
- Gordon Rae Photographer of the Year: Sponsored by Candide – Jason Ingram.
- News Journalist of the Year: Sponsored by Briggs & Stratton – Marc Rosenberg.
- Practical Journalist of the Year: Sponsored by Thompson & Morgan – Alan Titchmarsh.
- Beth Chatto Environmental Award: Sponsored by Beth Chatto Education Trust – Sally Nex.
- Journalist of the Year: Sponsored by Viking Cruises – James Alexander-Sinclair.
- Dr David Hessayon Garden Columnist of the Year: Sponsored by Vitax – Marian Boswall.
- Garden Publication of the Year: Sponsored by Westland Horticulture – Garden Design Journal.
- Cover of the Year: Sponsored by Cobra – The Galanthophiles.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Sponsored by Westland Horticulture – Carol Klein.
For more details, visit www.gardenmediaguild.co.uk/awards.