Pan-fried Potato Gnocchi, Sautéed Honeycomb Tomatoes and Spinach
My taste test-winning tomato, Burpee Europe’s lovely Honeycomb was a favourite with other gardeners too. This exquisitely flavoured golden orange tomato has cherry-sized fruit on long trusses.
With a high Brix level and super aroma, Honeycomb has a sweetness that has a lasting hint of honey in the aftertaste.
This recipe was created for Burpee Europe by chef Valerie Hamelin.
1 packet Gnocchi
200g Honeycomb tomatoes
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 packet spinach
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp dried sage
Salt & cracked pepper
- In a frying pan, add the oil and sweat off the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the herbs and chilli flakes.
- Add the butter, once it starts to get golden brown, add the spinach and wilt it.
- Add the tomatoes and mix it all gently. Season to taste.
- Bring a pan to the boil, once boiling add your gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes or until the gnocchi has risen to the top.
- Drain in a colander and gently mix through the tomato and spinach sauce.
Serve this simple but tasty dish in a bowl. Enjoy with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
This flavoursome vegetarian dish is easy to make, but you can also add chicken or bacon lardons too if desired.
For more information about seeds, visit www.burpeeeurope.com.